💡 Secfix is 100% remote. We want to make sure that people can enjoy their work at the same time as having the flexibility to work from wherever they want. We want all our team to feel happy at work, be available for their loved ones when they need to and to create a positive work-life-balance.
Here you can learn more about how we work at Secfix.
Here you’ll find all the different ways we communicate at Secfix. This is our bread and butter and helps us stay up-to-date and synced with everyone else.
| Notion | - Meeting notes
- Product Specs
- Research docs
- Collaboration documents internally
- Structuring a bigger messages that require more than 2 min of reading and answering (instead of slack) |
| --- | --- |
| Google Docs | - Policy documents
- Complex documents like contracts that require a lot of back and forth with external people |
| Slack | - Quick communication channel for direct messages
- Follow-ups and reminders
- Notifications from 3rd party tools |
| Gather | Daily work environment like a real office with in-sync collaboration and all internal meetings |
| Clickup | - Project management and ticketing system
- Notifications and tags |
| Loom | - User research recordings
- Meeting recordings
- CS recordings |
| Gitlab | - Code repository and code reviews |
Working remotely from Gather
💡 First of all, what’s Gather?
- It’s a virtual visualisation of an office environment for Secfix - a place for us all to work, collaborate and hangout together
- There’s an office area with desks (where people have their own desk - so make sure to claim yours), and various other areas - with break-out rooms, meetings rooms, games rooms, and more.
- Aside from a visualisation of a team environment, you can quickly open up direct conversations with individuals, by approaching them (when a video pop-ups, if they’re available), hold team meetings, or send chat messages
Guidelines to help you make the most of Gather:
1. Let’s work together in Gather
On a normal working day, it would be great if everyone logs into our Gather workspace when they’re working - so that it makes our office feel busy and buzzing. It’s not mandatory, but it would be nice - and makes it super easy to create an office buzz, see who’s around, and open up a conversation!
It also doesn’t mean you have to be chained to your desk, or your computer - if you’re not available when someone tries to get hold of you, that’s fine, just get back to them whenever you can.
2. Setting yourself up on Gather
First of all, claim a Desk!
Find yourself a free desk in the Co-Working stations to call your own, and go back to every time you’re in Gather!
Use the Claim Desk functionality to claim a desk, by:
- Hovering your mouse over an available desk (they are the ones that have a grey box over them.
- Click the Claim Desk button. Now you have a home! 🙂 🏠